FORMAT REQUIREMENTS & GUIDELINES
- Articles should be relevant and around the topics such as Sciences of Quran, interpretation of Quran, Hadith and its Sciences, Islamic jurisprudence and its Sciences, Comparative Religions study, Islamic Thoughts and Culture & political System, etc. Similarly, introduction & comments on Muslim literature and Reviews on books, except on the paper(s) which discusses Literature oriented theme/books methodological themes or Services of any person/ entity/organization/school of thought.
- Research Journal AL-ĀFĀQ strictly follows the plagiarism policy of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan in its true letter and spirit. Manuscripts submitted to AL-ĀFĀQ should be original and must not be plagiarized. Every submitted article is checked for plagiarism through “Turnitin” software. If the Similarity Index (SI) of the article is above 20% then it will be sent back to the corresponding author for revision and bring its SI below 20%. If plagiarism is proved after the publication of the article, that article will be immediately withdrawn and removed from the journal website and the concerned authors will be considered ineligible for publication of their article in AL-ĀFĀQ.
- Research articles will be forwarded for peer review to two nominated referees, after approval of the Executive Committee.
- Copyright laws shall be applied in accordance with the HEC’s laws & CC- BY license.
- Editorial Committee reserves the rights of necessary amendments, changes, and cancellations.
- All research articles published in “AL-ĀFĀQ” express the viewpoints of their authors so every article is the sole responsibility of the writer whilst the Editorial Committee has no responsibility in this regard.
- The paper must be contained on the Title page, Abstract, Introduction of research topic, literature review, Results & Conclusions, References.
- A number of pages consecutively, beginning with the title page. The page number should be in the Center of the Footer.
- The manuscript should be written in only Microsoft Word, A4 size paper, no other template will be accepted. For Urdu “Jameel Alvi Nastaleeq” font, for English “Times New Roman” and for Arabic “Traditional Arabic” Font should be used. Manuscript written in any other Font will not be accepted. The total length of the paper should not exceed 20 pages. Paper title font should be 18pt, text in Urdu: 13pt, English & Arabic: 12pt, All Subheadings: 14pt (Bold), and Quotations in all languages should be in 12pt. while the references font must be 12pt.
Provide on a separate page an abstract of 150 to 200 words followed by the keywords for the respective article. This abstract should consist of Introduction of Topic & its Significance, Research Methodology, Basic Study Results, and Conclusion. This should briefly describe the problem being addressed in the study, how the study was performed and what the authors conclude from the results.
Minimum 05 Key Words relating to the article subject should be given.
Discuss the purpose of the Research and summarize the foundation for the study.
Results & Conclusion:
Describe your results in logical sequence at the end of the text. The conclusion of the study should be expressed very clearly and an influential perspective.
Complete References should be given in Footnote, however, it is the responsibility of the author to set them [if asked] after sending the manuscript. Text and references must follow the format outlined in the Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition. All footnotes citing books must contain the complete title, name of the author(s), place of publication, publishing company, and date. All historical names, titles, and non-English terminology & words must be transliterated properly according to the table enlisted on the journal’s website.
Important: Please note that only Paper(s) received through OJS/online will be processed. Paper received late or not compiled as prescribed guidelines will not be processed at all.